Ten Year Vision:
Every Colorado community has the health care infrastructure and support services necessary to meet the basic health, mental health and oral health needs of its residents.
GOAL 1: Expand and strengthen the capacity of the health care delivery system in high-need, underserved communities.
Safety Net – Ensure that communities have the basic health care infrastructure necessary to meet the health care needs of its residents. Funding interests include:
- Construction and capital improvements
- Strategies to recruit and retain a diverse health care workforce
- Bridge funding to support expanded service capacity
- Medical equipment
- Tele-health networks
Sustainability – Strengthen the capacity of safety net providers. Funding interests:
- Technical assistance to build strategic, financial and operational resources.
- Collaborations and service models which promote sustainability and increased service capacity.
- Feasibility studies aimed at identifying if health care service expansions are practical given funding and community dynamics.
Policy and Advocacy – Improve the health care delivery system, through educational, policy and advocacy efforts.
GOAL 2: Ensure that people are able to access health care by reducing barriers to care.
Caring for Colorado is interested in building community capacity to reduce barriers to care and to improve access for underserved and vulnerable populations. The Foundation is interested in helping to build sustainable community systems to connect people to care. Funding in this area is time-limited and must meet the following criteria:
- Meets a documented need within the community
- Works to strengthen systems at the local and/or state level.
- Leverages other resources.
- Measures outcomes.
- Demonstrates cultural and linguistic competence.
Transportation -- Medical transportation programs, with an emphasis on rural communities.
Translation/Interpretation – Translation/interpretation needs within safety net clinics to ensure that care is patient centered.
Navigation –Efforts to help people with complex health needs, or cultural barriers to care, navigate the health care system.
Health Education – Evidence-based health education programs that are aimed at preventing disease and promoting health.