Ten Year Vision
80% of Coloradans have access to comprehensive care that integrates physical and behavioral health.
GOAL 1: Increase access to behavioral health services through the integration of physical and behavioral health care.
Access to Care – Increase the availability of integrated care in Colorado with a focus on underserved populations and communities. Funding interests:
- Team-based, integrated behavioral and physical health care.
- Strategies to ensure existence of necessary workforce to provide integrated care in all settings.
- Infrastructure enhancements and partnerships to support innovative, integrated care delivery models in rural and frontier communities and for underserved populations (including telehealth).
Quality Improvement – Develop high-quality integrated care delivery models. Funding interests:
- Technical assistance and consultation to transition and improve care delivery.
- Assessment and evaluation of integrated care, at the delivery site, to measure and improve efficacy.
Sustainability – Support policies and practices to seed and sustain the delivery of integrated care. Funding interests:
- Advocacy and policy development for payment models to support integrated care
- Evaluation to identify and share lessons learned in sustaining integrated care
GOAL 2: Increase the availability of community-based mental health programs for underserved populations.
Access to Care – Support mental health programs that target underserved populations, including veterans, adolescents, seniors and individuals with cultural barriers to care. Funding interests:
- Outreach and case management for special populations
- Efforts to increase the availability of evidence-based mental health services for underserved populations
Sustainability – Assist safety net mental health providers to strengthen operations, clinical care delivery and financial sustainability. Funding interests:
- Focused technical assistance to enhance and improve operational, clinical and/or financial capacity.