Here at the SMILES Dental Project, we are trying to provide as many resources to our partners and to the community as possible. We want to share our knowledege base and experiences regarding virtual dental homes. We hope you find the information or answers to your questions in the options listed below. We will be continually updating this page with new articles and resources so make sure to check back here often.
- Click here for a full list of reference articles related to the SMILES Dental Project and the Virtual Dental Home model.
- The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) recognizes the benefits of Interim Therapeutic Restorations (ITR). Click here to view the policy statement.
- The University of the Pacific is demonstrating a virtual dental home project to bring needed oral health services to locations where people live, work, play, and go to school. Click here to view a brief introduction video to the concept.
SMILES Dental Project Current Resources:
- Click here for a one-page fact sheet with general information about the SMILES Dental Project.
- Click here to view the SMILES Dental Project blog for regular updates on the project progress.
- Click here to view the FAQs regarding the project.
- Click here for the Phase I Planning Grantee press release to view the six organizations currently funded through the project.
- Click here for more information regarding the Interim Therapeutic Restoration bill and the development of expanded scope of practice for dental hygienists.