COVID Relief and Recovery
During this time of uncertainty and as communities grapple with the profound consequences of the coronavirus pandemic, Caring for Colorado’s commitment to creating health, well-being and opportunity for Colorado’s children and families is unwavering. The foundation will be opening additional funding opportunities aligned with our vision and purpose as the long-term effects of the pandemic emerge.
New Funding Opportunity
School-Age Engagement &
Safe, engaged, healthy and tech-enabled spaces for children and youth are essential to learning, growth and development. These spaces also provide critical support to caregivers who are experiencing significant strains to managing employment and caregiving responsibilities during the disruption of COVID-19.
This funding opportunity will provide grants of up to $25,000 to increase support for children and youth (k-12) who are experiencing barriers to returning to a full-time, in-person school environment. Support is directed to agencies serving children, youth and families living in communities that are most affected, with a deep focus on children and youth of color, those living in families with low income and others facing systemic barriers to realizing their right to health and education.
Key Dates and Deadlines
Register for access to CFC’s grants management system by 5 pm on Thursday, October 29, 2020. If you are already registered, please use your current log in credentials or submit a contact change form if needed.
Applications, including required documentation, must be submitted by 5 pm on Thursday, November 5, 2020.
QUESTIONS? Upcoming Webinar
Register now for an overview and Q&A webinar at 3 pm on October 21, 2020, via this link.
Applicants will be notified of funding decisions via email on Thursday, December 3, 2020. Payments to partners will be made after receipt of signed agreement and ACH information. Please allow 7-10 business days for processing after receipt.
Submit an Application
Grant applications must be submitted online. Please use Google Chrome as your browser and log into the online grants portal to apply. After logging in, click the “Apply Now” button in the bottom left corner and follow the directions in the portal to complete the application.
Required attachments include:
- Proposal Narrative
- Copy of Licensure for Services or Approved Policy Statement on Child Safety Protocols
- YTD/Interim Financial Statement & Annual Financial Statements
For more information on using the online system, see Grant Portal Tips.
Eligible entities include the following and must also meet the criteria outlined below:
- Nonprofit 501(c)3 Community Based Providers** (for example, youth-focused nonprofit, out-of-school time provider). Applications should be focused on specific sites if the entity represents a network of providers.
- Collaborative Partnerships** working across a community to support student engagement and safe spaces for youth
- Individual schools
Organizations and schools must meet the following criteria to apply:
- Serving children and youth in a community where schools are: offering full or hybrid remote learning; have experienced or are experiencing high levels of student disengagement; and/or have higher levels of free- and reduced-lunch (minimum of 65% FRL)
- Be a trusted partner in the community with a focus on youth engagement and a commitment to inclusion and equity
- Be currently focused on youth services amidst COVID disruption
- Follow health and safety protocols in alignment with state and local guidance
- Certify licensure for services offered, if appropriate, or certify a policy related to child safety (must include background checks for staff/employees)
- Operate 10 hours or more per week on an ongoing basis and provide regularly scheduled, structured and supervised activities
- Offer services with no or low fees.